‘Tis the Season for Giving…
In 2012, over three-thousand Christmas gift and food basket donations were generously provided by faithful partners to children, adults, and elders of the Lakota nation on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. However, despite this overflowing demonstration of kindness and charity (the spirit of Christmas, itself), not everyone on Pine Ridge was able to celebrate the tradition of Christ’s birth. Let's give Christmas Away this year.
Sometimes, the only Christmas gift Native American children receive is from The Dream Center.
Over 3,000 toys are needed to fully deliver the holiday spirit this upcoming Christmas to the Lakota nation on Pine Ridge. Help us in our mission by including an extra Christmas gift donation or two in this year’s holiday shopping list! We express our sincere gratitude for those in the United States who have sent or will send gifts, money, and prayers to these Native American children.
Download the Christmas Dream Box Flyer for more details.
HOW TO GIVE:
- Select an age group and gender from the “What to Give” list below.
- Shop for Christmas gift donations based on the suggestions in our “What to Give” list. Feel free to include other things these Native American children might enjoy!
- Place the gifts in a shoebox or Rubbermaid container of similar size. Feel free to include an encouraging note—no personal information, please.
- Wrap the box and lid separately in Christmas wrapping paper.
- Clearly indicate on the outside of the box the age and gender the gift is intended for. This is very important!
- Mail your box to WAEM, making sure it arrives by December 9th! By USPS, mail to:
WAEM The Dream Center on Pine Ridge
P.O. Box 207
Caputa, SD 57725
- For UPS and FedEx Mailing Information call: (605) 455-1131
WHAT TO GIVE:
- Ages 1-3| Male & Female
Suggested Items: toddler toys, wipes and diapers, new clothing, stuffed animals, crayons and coloring books, baby lotion and baby soap, baby books, toys, etc.
- Ages 4-6| Male & Female
Suggested Items: Matchbox trucks and cars, army men, baby dolls, crayons, coloring books, toy horses, other toys, etc.
- Ages 7-8| Male & Female
Suggested Items: crayons and coloring books, new clothing, snacks, puzzles, hats and gloves, bubbles, colored markers, baby dolls or toys, clips for hair, matchbox trucks, cars and toys, etc.
- Ages 10-12| Male & Female
Suggested Items: gloves and hats, books, board games, new clothing, watches, toys (include batteries), puzzles, books, etc.
- Ages 13-16| Male & Female
Suggested Items: watches, hand-held video games, books, board games, sunglasses, new clothing, hair accessories, journals, watches, jewelry, skateboards, basketballs, etc.
NON-APPROPRIATE GIFTS ITEMS:
Used items (please - only new!), scissors, glue, cologne, hairsprays, body sprays, or toxic items.
So many ways to GIVE…
Giving isn’t restricted to the holiday season. Find out how else you can support the Lakota nation relief efforts year-round on Pine Ridge. GIVE.
You can also check the Wings As Eagles Ministries WISH LIST to see what donated items are sorely needed at The Dream Center.
How else can you get involved with Wings as Eagles? Back to Opportunities